Friday, July 13, 2012

Paper Present for Eli

For my friend Eli's birthday present I decided that I wanted to do something with paper & typography. I wanted to pick a word that incorporated his name in it, have selected letters that I favored, & have an overall meaning. These were my rules ;). Soo, the first thing that came to mind was, "heliocentric". Then I thought of the band Helio, then I decided to look up Helios in Wikipedia, & it turns out Helios was the personification of the Sun in Greek mythology. Perfect...because Eli & I have had many discussions on how much the sun affects him so much due to his sensitive fair skin. I took some pictures of the work in progress, check it:



I went with classic Old English font, but did tweak some of the letters a little bit. 
Also picked certain letters to be capitol or lower case





painted & made letters 3D


 All letters & shapes are made out of paper











No comments:

Post a Comment